Sunday, June 11, 2006

Excellent Interviews on Democracy Now

With my ailing computer all fixed up i've been able to catch up on listening to my favourite podcasts. If you ahven't checked out Democracy Now, you should. It's one of the best news shows on the internet. I've been moved by a number of interviews that i highly recommend:
Eduardo Galeano Interview: Galeano has published a new book: Voices in Time: A Life in Stories (Metropolitain Books, Mark Fried tr.). I buy his books site unseen. His writing has changed my life.

Arundhati Roy Interview: on India, Iraq, U.S. Empire and Dissent. I was amazed by her description of Bush's visit to India and the spectacular hypocrisy that US Empire is capable of, not to mention the collusion of the Indian government.

James Yee talk: this former Muslim chaplain at Guantanamo prison tells a story worthy of Kafka.

Daniel Berrigan Interview: The Berrigan brothers' acts of resistance to war have inspired me since i first learned of them as a teenager.

No comments: